View on map
Church of San Matteo - Cannara
The fourteenth century church was converted into its present form in the years 1788 – 1793, according to the project of an architect Giuseppe Brizi.
The spired bell tower partially collapsed after the earthquake of 1832, it was rebuilt with the current end cap by the engineer Domenico Martinangeli in 1860.
Inside is exposed an interesting table Nicolò di Liberatore, representing the Madonna Enthroned with Jesus Child between St. Francis of Assisi and St. Matthew the Evangelist.